Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]After tending to dozens of Carbink and getting Rex to help her haul the gears, Eris had wasted no time at all and immediately fixed up whatever she could of the clock tower. All that was left was to check in with Volcanion and update him on her progress.[break][break]

"So, we're going to meet Mr Knight in the castle." She starts, her gaze draped over her right shoulder as she beholds her companion. "He's not feeling too well, so please don't start a fight, okay?"[break][break]

The Luxray snorts and wrinkles his nose, instinctively leading the way after having been here far too many times. And the illumina Skarmory follows, his awed chirps echoing through the empty castle halls. However, in place of the Comfey that had helped to heal the Carbink, there is now a Magearna, daintily sat upon Reiner's back as she takes in the scene.[break][break]

"This used to be your home."[break][break]

Or so Eris wishes it was. Deep down, she knows that the mechanical doll that accompanies her is not the princess that the knight has been seeking.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]mechanical kingdom
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES
   [break][break]

27 uncover thousands of human remains (bones) in the mechanical kingdom's castle.[break]
34 in the castle, encounter several books of music. within the books, several songs can be learned: one that can repair machines, one that can cause rust, and another that can cause the automations of the world to pause briefly.[break]
36 encounter evidence (e.g. diaries, notes, art, eerily written messages) that suggest some of the automations or machinery possess human souls. in particular, uncover that the royal family of this realm may have attempted to transfer the soul of their princess daughter into a machine.[break]
37 encounter the weakening volcanion that can speak once more. you will discover that this volcanion is indeed, the soul of a past knight, though it remembers very little apart from the knowledge of the royal family mentioned in prompt 36.
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Mechanical Kingdom: RE #2
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2024 5:55:09 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Rex missed the Carbinks. They were pretty nice. Apparently one of them belonged to this bozo archaeologist who had struggled with student debt and had sold himself into slavery? Pretty stupid move if Rex's opinion mattered. All he had to do was win a bunch of fights, collect the prize money, and move on with his day.

Just win a few battles? How hard could it have been for that guy? It was a bad meme that kept getting worse.

"Depends. Is he strong?" Rex puffed, his arms weary for dragging that many gears across the Mechanical Kingdom. An entourage of Carbinks followed them hiding behind gears as if afraid that their accursed foreman would return and force them to return to labor. "Knights are pretty strong, I've heard."

They were sworn to defend their kingdom. If Littleroot had a knight like that, then wouldn't have to work so hard.

"Why's he sad?"

BINGO: MEME
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2024 9:12:23 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Not right now, he isn't." She frowns at his choice of words, wondering if it's a mistake to bring him along. "He's been making himself ill."[break][break]

A grunt from the Luxray comes with a musical coo from the Magearna, a sad note that murmurs of their latest meeting.[break][break]

"He lost his princess. And he's been using his own life energy to try and revive her in a Magearna. But he hasn't succeeded in finding her, even after all the Magearnas he's given life to." It sounds like a fairy tale, but a fairy tale is where Eris finds most life and love within. Even if the context behind this particular one was twisted beyond measure. Recorded within maddened scribbles and torn papers scattered through the dusty halls.[break][break]

"I made a promise with him. To help him find that missing princess."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
   [break][break]

36 encounter evidence (e.g. diaries, notes, art, eerily written messages) that suggest some of the automations or machinery possess human souls. in particular, uncover that the royal family of this realm may have attempted to transfer the soul of their princess daughter into a machine.
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2024 21:58:18 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"I see." It was a noble sentiment. "So we've gotta find his heart so it stops hurting then, huh?"

He rubbed his hand against his chin, thoughtful. His eyes lingered on Eris's Magearna for a few moments. It looked pretty tough, and if Volcanion was producing dozens upon dozens of them with its own life, then it was definitely worth fighting if he could get the opportunity. Yet if it wasn't at full power, what was the point?

Thus, he made a decision.

"I'll help! Easy-peasy. Isn't there a way to check which Magearna is the genuine article? It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Can't we open each one up to see what makes it tick?" He said, looking at Eris's Magearna with a ominous gleam in his eyes. "I think I've got a screwdriver or two in my bag."

He started rummaging around in his pockets, evidently looking for a screwdriver or two.

"What makes the princess special? What makes it distinct?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2024 8:30:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Mhmm!"[break][break]

There is a light to her eye, a genuine kind of happiness that shines at just how quickly Rex gets it. At least, until he looks at Isolde with a crooked glint in his eyes.[break][break]

"No, no! You're not taking her apart!" With a scowl, she bats him and his screwdriver away. "That'll hurt her!"[break][break]

Even machinery could feel pain. Or at least, she believed that they could. And well, the idea of taking them apart against their will makes her skin crawl just that tiny bit.[break][break]

Her fingers brush against rotting wood as she follows Reiner through a doorway, cutting right through what seems to be a study of sorts. Dusty books with yellowing pages sit dainty upon the shelves, the furniture in this room looking as though nothing has been moved since someone last inhabited this room.[break][break]

Curiosity beckons her, a finger reaching for the closest book as she slides past the shelf. And with a light breath, she blows the dust away, wiping off the rest with her palm before leafing through the pages. Music, as always. Why was music so important in this kingdom? Was it to do with rhythm and tempo? The never-ending beat of mechanical clockwork?[break][break]

"I don't really know what sets them apart. I assume it's her heart? Or at least... I'm assuming it is, if Volcanion has just been giving life to many, many Magearna that look just like Isolde over here."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
   [break][break]

34 in the castle, encounter several books of music. within the books, several songs can be learned: one that can repair machines, one that can cause rust, and another that can cause the automations of the world to pause briefly.
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2024 18:44:56 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"I see." He says in a way that makes it very clear that he doesn't see. He plucked at a book and flipped through the pages. Lots of notes. Lots of lines. Lots of music. There was no mechanical rhythm to this place anymore. Just a bunch of broken gears and dusty technology. "Reminds me of Asterios."

He hadn't uttered that Pokémon's name in a long time. Then again, he made a point to avoid nicknaming any of his Pokemon. Doing so reminded him that they were mortal, that they could die. Better to wipe their names away and leave them with little, rather than risk the heartbreak of losing them again.

Yet Asterios was a far safer name to utter than the true name of the Pokémon.

"Just check its heart, then. If you won't do it to living ones, do it to the ones that haven't been activated yet. There's gotta be
a schematic or something that you can use. I'm no professor, but it can't be that hard, can it?"

BINGO: PROFESSOR
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 10:42:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Asterios?" It's risky business to ask about such vague things, but that brings up the point that the other person should have kept the thought to themselves. She gives him space to speak, looks over at his reaction as if gauging just where on the chart this topic lies. And if silence or dismissal is all she gets, she's pretty used to it.[break][break]

With a spare coin pulled from her pockets, she slots it between the pages of the book before closing it. Previous tests of these musics have shown different effects on the machinations that run in this kingdom. The one she's bookmarked is the one that she's seen repair machines. Though she isn't sure whether it'll work on this Volcanion in particular, she reckons that it wouldn't hurt to try, with a ton of caution.[break][break]

"Well... Structurally, there's no difference." The thought had crossed her mind before. She's no professor, but she can most certainly play spot the difference. With Isolde's permission, she had taken a little peek into the mechanical princess' heart and compared notes with what she'd observed of the inanimate ones. "Only thing that seems to set a Volcanion-revived Magearna apart from those that wander the streets is their autonomy.[break][break]

The ability not to be sucked into the routine that drives this forgotten kingdom. And perhaps, the ability to recognise that they are more than just machines. A heart, or so she's mentioned before.[break][break]

Tucking the book under her arm, she watches as Reiner begins scratching at the ground, all until he manages to pull up what seems to be a trapdoor. And she steps to it, grabbing ahold of the door and pulling it a little wider. There is a little drop, then what seems to be a set of spiral staircases leading downwards into a foreboding darkness. Nothing to be afraid of, as she gingerly lowers herself right in, then shifts to allow the rest of this motley crew space to join her.[break][break]

"I assume Mister Knight had the same thought process at some point. He's been doing this for much longer than I've been around to help."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
   [break][break]

34 in the castle, encounter several books of music. within the books, several songs can be learned: one that can repair machines, one that can cause rust, and another that can cause the automations of the world to pause briefly.
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 17:14:25 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Damn. That didn't make sense. If it was a machine that was different from all of its mass-produced comrades, then the only thing that could separate it was the distinction of its make and model. There had to be something that physically separated it. Otherwise, Rex would have to accept that these machines actually had hearts.

Did his toaster have a heart? What a ridiculous notion. Then he thought about Asterios, and began to sulk.

"My Type Null from the Three Days War. I found him deactivated in the woods, nudged him with my foot, and he woke up. Everyone in Littleroot hates him, though. Nobody likes reminders of the war." Rex scratched his chin, frowning in remembrance of the deactivated chimera surrounded in a sea of trees. "I remember that the first one was found by some kids. That must've been a crazy experience. Wonder what happened to it."

Huh. Eris was a kid. Surely that was just a coincidence. He followed her through the staircase with their army of Carbinks.

"How long? Liiiiiike a year?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 21:56:28 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Oh, now that is a reaction. And an answer she was not expecting in the slightest. Oh, and a reminder of what had transpired all those years back. Just when she had arrived on Hoenn from -[break][break]

"Probably longer than that. I know from my pa that Mister Knight's been looking for his princess long before the rift opened."[break][break]

Destroyed a whole tower to space from what she'd been told. Something about being an asshole (no one could tell her to mind her inner mind language) and having a dislike for manmade stuff.[break][break]

Her heart grows stable, the emergent ripples of a distant memory now calmed. With her fingers grazing the porous bricks of the wall, she lets the scratchy feeling keep her grounded in the moment. The gentle thump of paws and click of clockwork becomes the accompaniment to her little hummed melody.[break][break]

"Oh, and that Type:Null? We caught it."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
   [break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 23:42:02 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"No shit?" He laughed, surprised at the revelation. "Good on you, small lady! Who has it? If it's the first one, then it's probably pretty strong. I bet it's the strongest Type: Null in the land. Not as strong as mine, though."

Sure, they were far more common now than they had been at the start of the Three Days War, but Asterios was special! He wasn't some Ultra Space salvage operation. He was Littleroot's hero and protector, helping fight for truth, justice, cheese snacks, and freedom.

A small, childish part of him was bummed that Type: Null were plentiful now, but an even larger part of him reasoned that they were great in a fight, so why wouldn't he be excited for more threats on the battlefield?

"So, what you're saying is..." Rex gummed the tip of the screwdriver he had found in his back pocket. They descended down the staircase, before stopping at a door with a few bones in front of it. "...three years? Small lady, that's like, a regular nine to five job at that point. Poor guy's got tenure."

He looked atthe door.

"Where does this go, by the way?"

BINGO: SPACE
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2024 5:20:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]How come he accepts this piece of information more easily than the fact that she's 15? Then again, he hadn't blinked much at her mapping out the kingdom. Maybe it wasn't so much age limiting her, but her appearance?[break][break]

"Doug has it. Takes pretty good care of it." She hasn't seen it much since that day, but she can assume that much.[break][break]

"What's a tenure? And isn't a knight's duty kinda like... life long sometimes? They vow to always protect the princess and fight for their honour." Or at least, that's how it tended to go in the stories, no? "I guess nowadays, the princesses are real good at kicking ass themselves."[break][break]

With one hand on the door, her lips thin as she takes a quiet breath.[break][break]

"Iunno what the room is meant to be but-"[break][break]

A firm push leads into the damp clatter of a skull rolling across the floor. Over snapped fibulas, scattered digits and bouncing against what seem to be ribs. All until it settles at the foot of a much larger and foreboding ivory pile. [break][break]

"Try not to touch anything."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
   [break][break]

27 uncover thousands of human remains (bones) in the mechanical kingdom's castle.
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2024 7:54:01 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Eris saying Doug had it narrowed it down to exactly one of the tens of thousands of Dougs that existed in Hoenn. It wasn't exactly a rare name. Althus was a pretty rare name, but Rex suspected that there were a dozen dinguses who had decided that Althus was a pretty good name and named their children that.

The Althus population was in shambles. Arceus would deliver their Judgement when they reached the pearly gates.

"Holy..." Rex muttered as he looked at the room of bones that stretched to the ceiling. The mountain of bones was impressive, but Rex's face was remarkably impassive at the site of carnage. He didn't even blink. "That's insane. Why are all these bones here?"

His face was impassive as he nudged a bone with his foot, ignoring Eris's wishes to satiate his own curiosity.

"What... killed all these people?" He felt bad for the pile of bones. This looked more like a cairn than a battlefield.

BINGO: JUDGEMENT
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,223 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2024 11:22:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]She doesn't miss the blank look he gives at the name. And in an instant, she's reminded that Doug's name is a nickname. And a name of a certain bear in a certain man's possession.[break][break]

Ah well, it'd be funny if Rex attempted to tell an Ursaluna to summon its Type:Null for a battle.[break][break]

"Could've been the experiments they were trying. To put human souls into machines or something." She chooses to ignore the way he nudges the pile with his feet. It's a lot easier to stomach this place if you don't linger on it. "Could've been them hiding from something till they all eventually died..."[break][break]

She wishes she could know more about these bones too, but the only real source of information on this kingdom seems to have a few missing memories.[break][break]

Picking up the pace just that bit, Eris leads the way around the pile and towards the other end of the room. All to push open a door into a room with what seems like a powered-down assembly line. Fragments of dainty limbs and gear-like headbands lay scattered around the machinery, pieces that pique Isolde's attention as she beckons for Reiner to pick one up for closer examination.[break][break]

Eris has definitely seen this room before, so she just has to retrace her steps like she always does. Sure enough, they soon stand before a set of large wooden doors.[break][break]

"Mister knight should be right through here -"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
   [break][break]

27 uncover thousands of human remains (bones) in the mechanical kingdom's castle.
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
231 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2024 18:11:35 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
The slaughter didn't surprise him. The constant parade of machinery didn't surprise him. The revelation that Eris had been involved with the first Type:Null didn't surprise him. What did surprise Rex was the claim that these bones had once belonged to people who had been sucked into machines.

"That's terrible! That's no way to go out! You can't feel anything if you're a machine. No touch, no rush of adrenaline. You may as well be dead." They were looking at the largest mass suicide that Rex had ever seen. It made his stomach hurl, knowing that there had been no grandeur to their deaths.

Their bodies had just... stopped. Now all that remained was steel.

"Does that mean they're... still alive?" He peered at Isolde, as if expecting the Magearna to look at him and start spouting off its credit card number, address, and date of birth. "Shit, man."

They eventually ended up at the door, which roused Rex from his troubled thoughts. They were about to meet Mr. Knight, the Mechanical Kingdom's Champion, Volcanion. A true threat, worthy of a good fight.

"Well!" Rex clapped and stepped forward. "No time like the present!"

The doors creaked open on ancient, mechanical hinges.

BINGO: CHAMPION
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven